When students ask me why they should come to Penn State Law, I say here are ten good reasons:
- You’ll get personal attention from our faculty and staff to help you meet your career goals.
- A degree from Penn State Law opens doors to a global network of alumni and enhanced career opportunities. You will have access to more than 500,000 alumni and one of the largest alumni associations in the world.
- Our faculty of international scholars will provide you with the rigorous training you will need to pursue your profession including training for the New York Bar exam should you desire.
- Penn State Law's intensive ten-day orientation program will help you get acclimated to both the school and the U.S. law school culture.
- We host an optional three-week course called Intensive Introduction to U.S. Law.
- We offer a practitioner-focused research and writing curriculum especially designed for LL.M. students.
- Our J.D./LL.M. mentoring program pairs you with a J.D. student who can help you navigate the classroom and the culture.
- We offer the option to transfer to the J.D. program
- A community of more than 2,000 international graduate students is also based in State College.
- Although State College is within easy driving distance of Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and New York, State College, Pennsylvania is continually recognized as among one of the safest communities in America.
If that doesn’t convince you, I’m sure one of our current students or faculty members would be willing to talk with you further. Feel free to e-mail me directly.
Attend a Virtual Tour of the Law School