We, the Members of Penn State Law Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA), in order that we shall not lose sight of our common ideals and goals and in order to recognize the ways in which these ideals and goals shall be reached, do set forth the following articles as the primary and supreme functions for Penn State Law Asian Pacific American Law Student Association.
Purpose of Organization
The purpose of APALSA is to foster the academic, social, and professional growth of its members by sponsoring legal scholarship activities, social events and community service.
The organization is dedicated to advocating Asian American leadership in all areas of law by encouraging the sharing, networking, and cooperation between all ethnic groups, especially Asian and Pacific Islander American students.
This organization shall adhere to the philosophy that diversity will always enlarge our understanding of the different values that need to be understood as we enter the global economy; that unity should be embraced so that we may assist the less fortunate members of our Asian community; and that leadership will take on many forms, and ultimately is a very individualistic decision based on no arbitrary set definition.
This organization will continually promote professional and ethical conduct of our members and will at all times strengthen our own personal values despite what we may see or encounter.
This organization will further the goals as set forth in the Constitution and the goals of the members.
|Vice President — Carlisle:||Benjamin Woo|
|Vice President — UP:||Jennifer Kim|
- Multicultural Dinner — The Multicultural Dinner has historically been a gathering of the students, faculty, and families of the Penn State Law Community. Students, faculty and friends furnish entrees or appetizers from their respective ethnic backgrounds and the dinner is supplemented with main dishes provided by a caterer. As part of the event, APALSA will host a fashion show that will display native clothing from various countries throughout the world.
- Lunar New Year Dinner — In recognition of the Chinese New Year, APALSA will host a dinner.
- Annual APALSA Conference (Philadelphia, PA) — Conference held at the University of Pennsylvania with a panel of lawyers speaking on issues of diversity.
- APALSA Year-End Dinner — Farewell dinner for the graduating class.
- MLSA Alumni Banquet — Social mixer with a guest speaker, organized and run in conjunction with MLSA.